This statement is effective from 25-05-2018.
Unless stated otherwise, the Cave Experience functions as the data processor of the personal information which is collected under the present policy. . A data processor is a person who processes data on behalf of the visitor. A data processor is a person who processes data on behalf of the visitor. Management of such data processing is legally protected by the data processing contract made between Syx Automations and the Cave Experience.
Irrespective of which personal data is processed by us or when and how your personal information is processed by us, we will always respect the following principles:
- Personal information should be processed justly and lawfully;
- Personal information should only be processed for specific purposes and for no other reason(s);
- Personal information should be sufficient, relevant and not excessive;
- Personal information should be correct and up to date;
- Personal information should not be retained longer than necessary;
- Personal information should be processed in accordance with the individual rights;
- Personal information should be secured while retained;
How do we receive & process your information?
We collect information about you via various sources, among which:
- Information which we collect directly via your visit to the Cave Experience.
- Information which we collect about you when you visit our website and social media accounts or use our services.
Which information do we collect?
We can collect the following personal information:
- Contact information like your last name, first name, sex, address, date of birth, telephone number and émail address if those are supplied by you and if you have given us your consent to collect those.
- Other visitor-related information can be collected for specific use within our sports and recreation centre.
- When you purchase a subscription;
- When you purchase tickets or products;
- Registration history with regard to classes or activities, when you register for classes, sports activities or other events;
- Information about your visit, when you scan your ticket or subscription ticket to enter the location;
- Time & attendance information;
- Entrance information, what time you visited a particular infrastructure or space;
Why do we need your personal information?
We use the personal information which we collect to:
Provide end-to-end leisure services to visitors, understand who the visitor is and if he/she/X has access to a particular space or event;
Enable more personalised visitor experiences, based on personal preferences or actions in the past;
Send information to communicate, for example marketing campaigns, offers, reminders that subscriptions will expire;
Collect statistical information to conduct an anonymous visitor analysis, for example to gain an insight into the demographic distribution of the visitors.
Personal information can only be processed for legal purposes.
We use and share your personal information with your consent. When that processing is based on your consent, you always have the right to withdraw that consent. If you wish to do that, please contact us.
Who do we share personal information with?
All personal information processed by our software products is stored in our product databases and is only accessible to authorised staff and authorised staff for services and maintenance.
Visitors can request the Cave Experience to exchange data with other systems via a file or via web services. Examples of such are:
A CRM system that manages all visitors’ information;
A marketing or mailing system to inform visitors about offers or to convince them to come back;
Invoice systems in order to send invoices to receive payment;
In this case, the use of your personal information is still legally protected. You decide how personal information can or cannot be used, keeping into account the ADP legislation.
Where do we process and store your personal information?
Personal information collected by us can be stored and processed at our data centre.
For how long do we retain your personal information?
We retain your personal information for as long as it takes to meet the purposes described in the present policy. We will retain your personal information and use it insofar as we need it to comply with our legal obligations.
How do we secure your personal information?
Your personal information will be treated in strict confidence and we have taken the necessary technical and organisational security measures. We apply sensible material, administrative and technical measures which help us to protect your personal information against unlawful access, unlawful use and disclosure.
What are your rights?
We comply with the European and national legislation with regard to the protection of personal information, which applies to the Netherlands and which includes the following rights:
If the processing of personal information is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent for future processing, anytime.
You have the right to ask access to and correction of your personal information. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information, including the right to object to direct marketing;
You have the right to restrict the processing;
You have the right to file a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority;
You have the right to ask for the removal of your personal information, also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’.
The general principle which supports this right is to make it possible for you to have your personal information removed, on condition that there is no imperative reason for the further processing of it.
questions or complaints
If you do not agree with our answer of if you are convinced that we do not process your personal information in accordance with the applicable law, you can file a complaint with the Dutch DPA (Data Protection Authority).
How do we deal with policy updates?
We can always change or add something to the present policy as we see fit. We advise you to consult this policy now and then to stay up to date with the way we protect your personal information.